This is the Credit Guide of
Rate Detective Pty Ltd ACN 127 196 712
Australian Credit Licence Number 469009
(trading as Spotter Loans)
Address: Level 1, 240 Chapel Street, Prahran Vic 3181 Tel: 03 8568 6000 Fax: 03 8672 3561
We are licensed to make and arrange loans and leases under the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (National Credit Act).
THE ASSESSMENT WE NEED TO DO BEFORE GIVING YOU A LOAN
Under the National Credit Act we must make a credit assessment to ensure that any loan we make to you is not unsuitable for you. To make our assessment, we will need to ask you various questions gather information and make enquiries.
Specifically, the National Credit Act requires us to:
- Make reasonable enquiries about your requirements and objectives;
- Make reasonable enquiries about your financial situation, and
- Take reasonable steps to verify your financial situation.
A loan will be unsuitable for you if, at the time we make our assessment, we form the view it is likely that at the time the loan is made to you:
- You will not be able to pay or could only pay with substantial hardship;
- You have had certain other small amount credit contracts within a specified period, or
- The loan will not meet your requirements or objectives.
It is important that the information you provide to us is accurate.
GETTING A COPY OF OUR ASSESSMENT
If we approve your application and enter into a loan contract with you, you can ask us to give you a written copy of our credit assessment. This will contain a summary of the inquiries we made and the factual information we relied on in making that assessment.
You may also ask us for a copy of this assessment up to 7 years after the time you enter into the loan contract. We will provide you with our assessment within 7 business days if you ask for a copy within 2 years from the contract date. Otherwise, we will provide the assessment within 21 business days.
HOW WE RESOLVE COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
We have an Internal Dispute Resolution process and are also a member of an External Dispute Resolution Scheme.
If you have a complaint about our services, please contact us. We aim to resolve the majority of complaints within five (5) business days. If we believe it may take longer to resolve your complaint or to investigate the matter thoroughly, we will let you know and keep you informed of progress.
You can make a complaint in writing (letter or email) or verbally (telephone or personal representation). Your complaint will be referred to our complaints officer for response.
Our complaints officer is:
- Contact: Phil Aldridge
- Telephone: 038 568 6000
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 03 8672 3561
- Mail: Phil Aldridge, Rate Detective Pty Ltd, Level 1, 240 Chapel Street, Prahran VIC 3181
In many cases, we will be able to resolve your complaint using our internal dispute resolution process. However, if we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction then you may refer the matter to our external dispute resolution scheme provider. This is a free service designed to provide you with an independent mechanism to resolve specific complaints.
Our external dispute resolution scheme provider is Credit and Investments Ombudsman. They may be contacted at:
- Telephone: 1800 138 422
- Online complaint form: http://www.cio.org.au/complaint-resolution/making-a-complaint/
- Website: http://www.cio.org.au/
- Mail: PO Box A252, Sydney South NSW 1235
- Fax: 02 9273 8440
All details are current as May 15th 2017. We publish minor changes on our website and periodically will update our Credit Guide.
Apply to borrow up to $5000 now!Apply Now
Here's what a loan might look like
Here's what a small loan might look like...
You're after a loan for $1,000 for medical or dental bills. Your are looking to repay the loan back after 6 months and are happy to make fortnightly payments.
Here's what a medium loan might look like...
You're after a loan for car repairs for $2,500 and are looking to make payments back on a weekly basis over 2 years.
Small Loan Example
- $110.77=Per Fortnight
- $1,440.00Total Payments
Medium Loan Example
- $43.19=Per Week
- $4,490.88Total Payments
In the above example You'll pay:
- Loan Amount Financed:$1,000
- Establishment Fee:$200(set by NCCP at 20% of the loan amount)
- Monthly Permitted Fee:$40per month charged on the anniversary of the loan
- Amount of Credit of the Loan:$1,240
- Total Amount of Interest Payable:NIL
- Direct Debit Fees:$25.74($0.99 per transaction)
- Total amount of repayments:$1,440.00
- Nominal Percentage Rate (Interest) per annum:0% as defined by NCCP
- Comparison Rate: 160.0571% as defined by NCCP
In the above example You'll pay:
- Loan Amount Financed:$2,500
- Establishment fee:$400(Set by NCCP)
- Amount of Credit of the Loan:$2,900
- Total Amount of Interest Payable:1,590.86
- Repayments:103 x $43.19 + $42.31(a final payment)
- Total amount of repayments:$4,490.88
- Nominal Percentage Rate (Interest) per annum:48% as defined by NCCP
- Comparison Rate: 65.5138% as defined by NCCP
WARNING: This comparison rate is accurate and applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
See our full Fee Statement for fee details.
"These examples are provided for illustrative purposes only. They do not represent an offer from Rate Detective Pty Ltd. A Spotter Loan is subject to the completion of an application, which is subject to responsible lending checks that take your personal needs and financial circumstances into account."
Minimum repayment term 90 days, maximum repayment term 12 months.